Friday, February 15, 2008

Week 3
worked with children 1 hr 1/2
Couldn't go to service because Gospel Choir had to sing at a church

This week I think I've seen more kids then I've ever seen and that was wonderful. A few children were out due to sickness but were eager to return to see their teacher and friends. One of the students I really like just returned. His name is Payton and he is a definite handful. He is always energetic and constantly needs something to do or something to say. But I think the teacher controls him well. I find that in class one of the distractions are the papers that she gives them to do an activity. Usually its on the front so I rarely see the children read the stories inside unless the need something to do while the teacher is talking and explaining the lesson plan.
In either case it seems as though the children are memorizing their verses a little better which is more than I can say because I already forgot. But that makes me think if a 20 year old college student can't remember what makes a toddler remember.

In either case the children learned about how God heals the lame. She presented the story of a man with a bad hand and how we believed God would heal him. This teacher has a niche for incorporating lesson plans into games. They are so simple but they are fun to the children. Again there are such applicable things that they can apply but Im not sure if they make that connection that these are things they should bring to the "outside world"

No comments: