March 22, 2009
This week: 1 hr 1/2 church service
Sunday school 1 hr 1/2
Volunteered for Easter program 3 hrs
This week:
This week the students learned the verse John 14:15 they were fairly receptive to this lesson. It was interesting watching them this week because they seemed a bit more aggressive than usual, at least more energetic. It is the Sunday before Easter and the kids seem eager, maybe they are anticipatig their Easter break. I noticed one young girl who continuously pinched others and enjoyed others pinching her. All of the students just seemed more violent, they pushed to be at the front of the lines for activities. But in either case it was good to be back in the classroom after spring break, I was happy to see the children. Again this week the teacher had me take attendance and give the children points. I enjoy it because it gives me a chance to ask about their weekend
But what I enjoyed most was volunteering for the Easter Programm. Initially I was suppose to work in the Nursery but got pulled to watch the children who were in the play. And they ended up being some the kids I had in Sunday School. It was nice to see them in a different environment. Some were the same and others were more energetic and vibrant. The one kid Matthew was so much more talkative, he seemed more like a kid. In Sunday School, he's like an old man trapped in a young kids body; I guess its some maturity coming out of him. It can also be due to his parents who are in ministry. But I absolutely enjoyed sitting with them and really seeing the full range of their personality. One thing I learned while watching them, it doesnt matter what age you are, everyone loves Veggie Tales and thats what we watched the whole time.
Another thing I notices, was my cautiousness around them. I was even hesitant to put on Home Alone because I didnt want anything to trigger anything negative in their minds
Questions:
1. Why area children more reserved in Sunday School? Is there room to be more silly or loose in Sunday School?
2. What is appropriate for kids to watch? Today the ratings have lost its sense of protection
3. How do parents in minstry affect children at a very young age versus Jr. High?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment