Friday, February 8, 2008

# 2

February 8, 2008
Practicum #2
Last Sunday the students learned about being kind to one another, they seemed to embrace this lesson very well. I am amazedw tih how knowledgable thse young children are. But I can't say its 90% from the teacher but I b elieve a lot of it is coming from the home. But the teacher does a great job with incorporating the lesson into activities. She makes it simple for the students to grasp but sometimes challenging enough for the students to grasp. The lesson was about serving one another. And she had the students decorate a plate without putting their names on it. Then they brought their plate to the circle where they do their lesson plans. She would pick a child and whisper a person's name in their ear and they would ask that child, "what would you like"And they wouldanser if they wanted peanut butter or cheese crackers and the child would serve someone. I was absolutely pleased with this lesson plan. And she also talked about the paralyzed man and his freinds who tried to get to Jesus. The kids were very familiar with it , so familiar I think at times it can be boring. Something interesting I noticed is that everyone seems to have a best friend in Sunday School but sometimes the feelings arent mutual. I think they strive to have someone they can connect with .

1 comment:

kristi said...

RE: Week 4 blog: It sure does sound like the teacher does a great job of incorporating the lesson with an activity. That is really neat. Regarding your statement about everyone seeming to have a best friend in Sunday school, but there are not mutual feelings. I’m not positive what age groups you are working with but little kids always seem to have a ton of best friends. I’m sure they do strive for someone they can connect with, but at young ages they get along with practically everyone as long as they have someone to play with. I encourage you to observe the students and find ways to get the ones that are similar and connect them with one another to interact with one another in whatever way you can. I think that we, at all different stages and ages of life long for people we can connect with, but will and do settle for anyone as long as they are willing to listen, be there for us, and encourage us; I know I do.