This week:
1 1/2 Sunday School
Service 1 1/2
Gospel Choir Practice 1 h/r
I was so thrilled this week because I was able to do more; I guess I'm at the second stage where the teacher does it and I do it as well. She allowed me to take attendance and to work the point system in which the kids receiving points for bring their bibles, being on time, bringing times, remembering the bible verse, having good behavior, and bringing a friends. So it was good to do something tangible although I did help before. She continues to explain to me where certain things are in the room just in case I need to get supplies in the future. I think the kids are starting get more comfortable with me, they seem to talk a bit more.
There are couple of things I noticed with the children. There are twins which I expect to hang out with one another quite often. But the sister seems to have more independence than her brother, which concerns me quite a bit. I think the brother especially should have more independence and began to play with the other boys instead of constantly playing with his sister. I also noticed that the children are growing faster nowadays them seem to be well aware of what's going in the world but they lack knowledge they should have at their age.
But in either case they lesson went well this week; again it went with the theme of love and being kind to one another. I was curious to know whether or not the students are actually being kind to one another. In either case I realized the students seem to get bored with the lesson plan. It seems as though its becoming a routine, which is helpful at times.
Questions:
As a helper how do we encourage change without stepping on the teacher's toes?
How do we encourage students to actually study and to apply what they learn?
Are Sunday School just giving bible verses as an activity or they really incorporating things to allow students to really get the idea?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just passing by doing mid term grades..you guys are great!
to encourage kids to apply what they are learning try giving them a "challenge" each week. this would be some type of tangible activity they could do as an application to the lesson. ex. help mom do the dishes (serving), share a toy with sister (sharing) etc. maybe you could incorporate this into the point system to give them more incentive to remember and complete the challenge!
Post a Comment